Tobacco control seminars
The Health Promotion Agency facilitates regional seminars and webinars to provide an opportunity for the tobacco control and related sectors to hear about new projects, national directions, and ongoing developments in tobacco control. These seminars are open to anyone contributing to the Smokefree 2025 goal.
‘Vaping to stop smoking’ - is a seminar to be held in Christchurch, jointly hosted by Smokefree Canterbury and the Health Promotion Agency.
This seminar is open to those who are working towards New Zealand's Smokefree 2025 goal.
10am - 3pm on Wednesday 29 May 2019
The McFaddens Centre
64 McFaddens Rd
The programme will cover:
- Vaping: An evidence update
- Smokefree environments panel discussion
- Some local real life examples & case studies of those who have successfully vaped to quit
- Learnings from the Health Promotion Agency’s work around increasing public awareness of vaping as a way to quit smoking
- Hear from the Ministry of Health about the proposed amendments to the Smoke-free Environments Act, the legislative process and the projected timelines for this.
- Final programme will be available to download soon.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Numbers are limited! Complete your registration as soon as possible to ensure you don’t miss out by clicking HERE.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact either Emily or Viv:
Emily Robertson: E.Robertson@hpa.org.nz
Vivien Daley: Vivien.Daley@cdhb.health.nz
The presentations will also be recorded for those who are unable to attend in person.
Presentations from the seminar held in Lower Hutt in June 2018 are available by clicking here.
Presentations from the seminar held in Tauranga in June 2018 are available by clicking here.
Presentations from the seminar held in Dunedin in April 2018 are available by clicking here.
Content from HPA seminars and webinars from 2014 to 2017 is available by clicking here.