On this page
2017 tools and resources
HPA have produced a range of tools and resources to support initiatives that utilise the 'It’s about Whānau' theme. HPA provides resources to World Smokefree Day facilitators and a range of resources is also available to purchase from Signature Promotions.
The theme for WSFD 2017 is 'It's about whānau'. Whānau is a driving force for many people wishing to protect others from the harms of second-hand smoke.
The artwork reflects the importance of tobacco control work benefitting whānau first and foremost, and that the protection of our children and future generations is central to the smokefree kaupapa.
Artwork themes worth noting include:
- Smokefree NZ 2025 logo positioned on the waharoa denotes the importance the goal has as a gateway to our future and our past.
- The imagery supports the key message 'It’s about Whānau' and depicts the importance of whānau and the protection of children and future generations.
- The Southern Cross provides a sense of national identity adding to the notion of collaboration, collective strength, and pathways to achieve a single goal for Aotearoa New Zealand.
The poster can be downloaded with or without a blank section for local information. Feel free to print your own copies. To download any of the posters below right click on the appropriate link and click on 'Save Image as' or 'Save Target As'.
Poster with blank section
Click here to download.
'It's About Whānau' Merchandise
Some specific merchandise will also be available to purchase from Signature Promotions. This facility is available to anybody wishing to purchase WSFD merchandise.
Web Banners / Email Banners
To download any of the banners below right click on the appropriate link and click on 'Save Image as' or 'Save Target As'.
Media Kit and Media Release Templates
- 2017 World Smokefree Day promotional guide
- Media Release Template - ‘Quit now – it’s about whānau’
- WSFD Swiss cheese media release - 'Most smokers want to quit'
We have a range of digital resources for use: static images and GIFs (animated images), logos and infographics.
Most of the below resources are available in the following formats and sizes:
Digital resources catalogue
When you click on the images below you will be directed to a Dropbox folder where you can download all the individual files.
Colouring In Resource
Download and print this resource to help engagement with children at events and activities.
Other tools and resources
Other tools and resources that you might be interested in can be found here.