Local help to stop smoking
There are Stop Smoking Service providers located throughout New Zealand, and they can help you on your quit journey. Your local service will be able to work with you to create your quit plan, with free and flexible support and free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). You can access your local stop smoking service information by clicking on your region below.
Click on the map to find your local service
- Counties ManukauCovers:
- Counties Manukau
The Counties Manukau Living Smokefree Service works in partnership with community quit smoking services across the district to ensure people are offered multiple free, convenient and culturally appropriate options for ongoing supportPhone:0800 569 568Email:email@example.com
- West CoastCovers:
- West Coast
There are 2 services available within this region:
Oranga Hā - Tai Poutini
Stop Smoking West Coast provides free smokefree support to anyone who wants to stop smoking and who lives on the West Coast.
Phone: 0800 456 121
West Coast DHB Stop Smoking Service:
This service is free and is delivered by specialist stop smoking nurses
Westport: (03) 788 9238
Greymouth-Hokitika: (03) 769 7488
A contact list for all the local stop smoking services can be downloaded here.
Quitline is open 24/7 and can help you quit in a number of different ways. You can ring, text, email or do it all online.
Call Quitline free on 0800 778 778 or text 4006. Quit Advisors work with people to make a plan. People who use Quitline's services and support are more likely to successfully quit than those who try to quit alone.
- At Quitline's website, www.quit.org.nz people can register for free help, plus see how much money they are saving by qutting - there's a 'Quit Stats' tool.
- Join Quitline's blog community for 24 hour support from people who are going through just the same trials.
- Quitline has a Facebook page at www.facebook.com/quitlinenz.
- Register by phone, text or online and get sent texts to help motivate you as you quit.
- 24/7 personal support for both phone and text services.
- Nicotine patches, gum and lozenges can double someone's chances of successfully quitting. They are $5 each when you order them from Quitline by phone, text or online. The team can also give advice on other stop smoking medication options.
Homecare Medical runs Quitline and a range of national telehealth health and mental health and addictions services.
Some community pharmacists can provide funded nicotine replacement therapy (nicotine gum, patches or lozenges) without a prescription. This will attract a $5 co-payment. Some pharmacists or pharmacies also offer behaviour support services as well, others will refer you to the local stop smoking service or Quitline.